Craving a sweet treat without the guilt this holiday season? Look no further than sugar-free sugar cookies!
Whether you’re following a sugar-free diet or simply looking for a healthier alternative to the traditional treat, these sugar-free sugar cookies are the perfect guilt-free indulgence for your oral and overall health.
How to make sugar-free sugar cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar-free sweetener (we recommend Stevia)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: sugar-free sprinkles or icing for sugar-free sugar cookie decoration
- Preheat your oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream butter and sweetener: In another bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar-free sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Add wet ingredients: Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, you can refrigerate it for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Shape cookies: Scoop out small portions of dough and roll them into balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and flatten them gently with a fork or your fingers.
- Bake: Bake the sugar-free sugar cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Be careful not to overbake.
- Cool and decorate: Let the sugar-free sugar cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, decorate with sugar-free sprinkles or icing.
There you have it – a guilt-free, sugar-free sugar cookie recipe that allows you to indulge in the classic sweet delight without worrying about excess sugar. These sugar-free sugar cookies are perfect for special occasions, holiday gatherings, or any time you crave a wholesome treat. Happy baking!
Looking for more tooth-friendly food ideas? Check out “Tooth-Friendly Treats: Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe”.