The staff at Delta Dental of Wyoming LOVES create, bake and cook! We’re sharing our favorite recipes for you to try:
Chelsea’s Recipe for homemade laundry soap:
• 1 bar Fels Naptha
• 1 cup Borax
• 1 cup Washing Soda
• ¼ c. Dawn Dish Soap
• Can also add essential oils for fragrance if desired
• 5 gallon bucket with lid
• Large stock pot
• Milk Jugs or other containers
• Large funnel
- Shred bar of Fels Naptha with a cheese grater.
- Add shredded Fels Naptha to 6 cups boiling water in large pot on stove (stir constantly until dissolved).
- Add Borax and Washing Soda – stir until dissolved.
- Pour mixture into 5 gallon bucket and fill the rest of the way with hot water.
- Once bucket is full, add Dawn and stir gently.
- Transfer to old milk jugs or other containers of your choice. Shake or stir before use, use about ½ cup per load!
Cyndie’s Favorite Recipe for Spiced Pecans
• 1/2 c. sugar
• 1 T. ground cinnamon
• 1/2 t. salt
• 1 egg white
• 1 pound large pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add pecans and stir until coated. Sprinkle sugar mixture over pecans and mix well.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove nuts from sheet while warm to cool on waxed paper.
Kellies Favorite Recipe for the World’s best banana bread
• ½ cup butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 4 ripe bananas, mashed
• 1 ½ cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and bananas.
- Combine well.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
Ellen’s Favorite Recipe for Peach Cobbler
• 4 Cups peeled, sliced peaches
• 8 tbsp butter
• 2 Cups sugar, divided
• 1 ½ Cups self-rising flour
• ½ Cup water
• 1 ½ Cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar and water in saucepan; mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Put the butter in deep baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour and milk slowly to prevent clumping.
- Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir.
- Spoon fruit on top and gently pour in syrup. Batter will rise during baking.
- Bake 30-45 minutes.
- To serve, scoop on plates and serve with choice if whipped cream or ice cream. Makes 8-10 servings.
Patti’s favorite Sweet potato casserole recipe
• 4 cups sweet potato, cubed
• ½ cup white sugar
• 2 eggs, beaten
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 4 tablespoons butter, softened
• ½ cup milk
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ cup packed brown sugar
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons butter, softened
• ½ cup chopped pecans
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender, drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until smooth.
- Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is course.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the topping is lightly brown.
Jenny’s favorite recipe for grilled corn salsa
• 2-3 grilled corn cobs
• 1/3 c. chopped purple onion
• ¼ c. chopped red bell pepper
• 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 1 to 2 tbsp. finely chopped jalapeno pepper
• ½ tsp. salt
- Slice corn off cobs.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve corn salsa with chips or grilled meats. Makes about 3 cups.
Kerry’s favorite coffee cake recipe:
• 1 3/4 cup brn. sugar
• 2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1m cup chopped nuts (optional)
• 1 cup butter (soften)
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 cups flour
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 3 tsp. baking powder
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add 2 eggs. Add dry ingredients alternately with 1 cup milk.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in 9 x 13 greased pan, then sprinkle 1/2 of filling mixture on top of that, then spread other 1/2 of batter on that and sprinkle remaining filling on the top.
- Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes.