Pregnant and virgin aren’t 2 words that go together—unless you’re talking about cocktails. This time, nausea stems from morning sickness, not tequila shots. Just because your cab fares decreased, doesn’t mean your happy hours have to!
You may be missing your occasional cocktail, but your teeth love it! Alcohol dries out the mouth, slowing saliva production. Without saliva flow, food particles can’t be washed away, hindering a healthy acidity level in your mouth. Wines and mixed drinks can also wear away enamel and discolor teeth.
Try this mocktail to spice up your sipping strife:
Low-Sugar Strawberry Mojito
• 6 mint leaves
• Pinch of salt
• 1 teaspoon natural sweetener, like agave or truvia
• 4 oz. strawberry puree (Learn how strawberries can benefit your teeth!)
• 2 oz. sparkling water
1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with a pinch of salt.
2. Fill the cocktail shaker a third of the way with ice.
3. Add the sweetener and strawberry puree. Shake.
4. Pour into a glass and top with sparkling water
Sound off, expecting moms! What’s your alcohol-free favorite?