Weather is cooling down, but our creative sides are warming up. This kiddo-friendly project combines art and engineering, embracing both sides of their brain. Just follow the instructions below.
• Battery-Operated Electric Toothbrush (Find one for just $1!)
• Flexible Tube (We used a cardboard tube; a pool noodle works too!)
• 2 Pipe cleaners
• Pom Poms
1. Cut the tube slightly larger than the length of the toothbrush.
2. Cover one hole of the tube with tape, with the sticky side facing inward. This will be the top of your Art Bot.
3. Flip the electronic toothbrush upside down and place it inside the tube. The bottom of the brush should stick to the tape.
4. Tape 3-4 markers along the bottom of the tube with the marker tips pointing down.
5. Puncture two holes through the side of the tub and insert two pipe cleaners. This will be your Art Bot’s Arms.
6. Decorate your Art Bot with pom poms, yarn, markers and paper. Don’t forget to add eyes and a smile!
Use your new Art Bot to color one of our free coloring sheets.